Wednesday, July 9, 2008

THE FORCE IS WITH ME


I just spent an exhausting 5 days hanging the Marin Fine Art Exhibit at the County Fair, we hung and placed over 750 pieces. Some of that time was spent judging the Junior Ceramics and also creating the Carbon Cube in the Green Exhibit. It was exhausting but wonderful. So many people are involved working so hard, it was an honor to be a part of it all. I had three pieces juried into the Fine Art Show. One large sculpture I entered into the Creatures and Models got a First Place. This exhibit is created by Industrial Light and Magic, its great and something I always participate in.
But by far the most exciting news was that our garden compost won not only First Prize but Best of Show!!! Perhaps Fine Art is over with and the money to be made is in garden waste! after all they're getting rid of art in schools and building worm bins. Pity they can't do both. I love doing my art and I love my composting too. And to top it all THE FORCE IS WITH ME.

No comments: